Senior Product Manager (m/f/d) Product
At Taxdoo, we value flexibility and work-life balance, and as a remote-first organization, we believe that you should not have to sacrifice either to succeed.
We are on a mission to build the financial operating system for e-commerce in Europe, which will allow companies to focus on their core business without being slowed down by bureaucracy.
Taxdoo's products make it easy for e-commerce businesses and accountants to handle VAT (sales tax) and other compliance requirements while providing a comprehensive overview of their financial status. Our fully automated end-to-end solution is valued by thousands of customers across Europe.
Our team comes from a range of backgrounds, and we believe in our core values of Diversity, Simplicity, Quality, and Trust. Even if you don't think you fit every requirement of the job post, we encourage you to apply. We're more interested in your potential and your passion than your previous experience.
When it comes to hiring, we have a way. Strongly believing that great minds think alike, we want to join forces and align with you in five simple steps.
01Meet the recruiter
02Meet the hiring manager
03Meet the team
04Meet one of our founders
What you will do
- Build up a deep understanding of user needs, behavior and friction points in the existing user onboarding experience through qualitative research (interviewing users, analyzing user flows etc), data analytics and experimentation.
- Translate user problems into clear hypotheses on how to grow user adoption and revenue and develop, prioritize and execute on a backlog of experiments that address them, ideally optimizing existing growth loops or deploying new ones.
- Participate on e2e product management while collaborating with our Engineering, and Product Design and Data teams to ensure the development and delivery of products within the allotted timeline.
- Be responsible for the success of the product delivering substantial business values against KPIs and coordinating with the other Product Managers.
- Maintain accurate and complete product-related information by breaking down complex problems into deliverable iterations.
- Drive the vision and strategy in your product area and ensure alignment with key stakeholders.
- Proactively discover product opportunities, lead the execution end-to-end and monitor its success in a data-driven way.
- Be up to date with the market - mentor and empower your teammates by researching new ideas on product technologies and structures.
What you are good at
You have strong experience in Product Management, preferably in a SaaS, VC-backed environment with a B2B focus.
Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, deployed and operated.
Can-do approach, taking ownership of problems independently and having a strong problem-solving mindset.
You have strong experience in the discovery phase of product management – Problem Statements, User Story Mapping, Minimum Viable Product, etc.
Your communication skills are exceptional, both in spoken and written English, german would be an advantage.
You are passionate about design and usability and have a high drive for meeting customer needs.
You think analytically, strategically and translate it into a clear approach.
You have an agile mindset, you understand the importance of holistic agile environments and you navigate them flawlessly.
You are a reliable and friendly team player, but you are capable of taking the lead when required.
- Previous experience with accounting and VAT topics would be advantage.
Learn more about our benefits here.
At Taxdoo, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In our recruitment process, we consider applicants regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or age. Diversity is one of the core values that we embrace on different levels within the organization- from our employees to our products and clients.
Click & ConnectWe love hearing from you. Meet the recruiter looking after this job opening and connect in case you have any future questions.
We know that with great power comes great responsibility. This is why we know what’s on you, what’s on us, and what we can do together.
Whether you are a self-starter or a team player, at Taxdoo we have your back. We work hard (but happily!) to create a place where your voice is heard and your ideas will come to life - no matter how big or small they may be.
Communication is key. As every vibrant startup grows, we also have obstacles to overcome. This is exactly why we put many efforts into constantly bettering our already great feedback culture by involving our management and ensuring they are there every step of the way.
By working with innovative technologies that support an outstanding product we came with full force to build the Financial Operating System for e-commerce. Taxdoo is the place for all those great minds who wish to make an impact with their work. Because we believe that what drives real change in the world is the people that make it.
More to Learn
Love all that you read but want to learn more? Here are three articles we picked for you below.
- May 02, 2023
- Maria Canero
Engineering Metrics: Take your team to the next level
You can’t improve what you don’t measure. These words of wisdom are often attributed to the famous management guru and thinker, Peter Drucker, and, especially in the context of modern software engineering, have never been more relevant. Measuring things is something we have been doing for thousands of years, it is a concept that we […]
- Mar 15, 2023
- Taxdoo Engineering
8 Things You Need to Know About Becoming an Engineering Manager
Moving to management is fun when you know what it takes It’s not easy being an Engineering Manager and it takes more than just a good work ethic. The first step in becoming a good leader is learning about yourself as an individual. Self-awareness and self-reflection are key if you want to be an empathetic […]
- Nov 29, 2022
- Hendrik Wallbaum
Technical debt and dirty dishes
Meet the Team
Our Department page covers all the necessary pieces to complete the puzzle.Meet the department