At Taxdoo, we leverage the highest levels of tax, accounting, and tech expertise to build products and services that enable e-commerce businesses to accel and fulfill our ambition to become the gold standard in tax and accounting for European e-commerce.
At the heart of our approach is the steady commitment to prioritize our product. We seamlessly blend cutting-edge technology, extensive expertise in tax and accounting, and a profound level of empathy for our customers. This combination has resulted in the vast satisfaction and trust of thousands of customers across Europe, or as we prefer to call it “Taxdoo and Done”.
“Bye, Bye, Bureaucracy” stands for our motivation to free e-commerce entrepreneurs from unnecessary processes and regulations so they can entirely focus on their core competence. We are redefining the tax and accounting industry, which requires us to make bold decisions and excel in everything we do. Even if you think you might not check every requirement of the job description, we encourage you to apply. We are more interested in your potential and passion than your previous experience.
When it comes to hiring, we have a way. Strongly believing that great minds think alike, we want to join forces and align with you in four simple steps.
01Meet the recruiter
02Meet the team
03Meet the hiring manager and founder
What you will doYou will be joining our Cloud Platform team…
- … which is all about keeping our platform performant, reliable, safe and our engineering teams productive. We are a cloud platform team, not what other companies may call a “DevOps” team! If you’re just looking for maintaining large Kubernetes clusters, VPCs, or fixing/standardising build pipelines, we’re the wrong place for you.
- Once you join, we’ll be 3 engineers + EM working cross-team, cross-functional, fullstack, and cloud-native.
- We just finished a huge push for automated security checks and are now investigating how the teams can improve their monitoring, analyse problems faster and reduce time-to-fix.
- You will of course be working extensively with AWS, GitLab, and CDK, but our mission is so much broader. You also need experience in running and efficiently coding against databases (ideally MySQL), at least basic knowledge of coding REST/GraphQL backend service, and serverless development (API Gateway + Lambda).
- As a member of our team, you’ll be contributing to all aspects of our projects: from roadmap discussions to sprint plannings, from architecture design to problem analysis, from implementation and deployment to sharing the knowledge you gained.
- As a member of our department, you’ll be collaborating with other engineering teams as well as our stakeholders, present key information to the department, and in general help us foster an environment of collaboration and mutual respect.
- As a member of Taxdoo, you’ll learn about VAT and compliance topics and – same as us – will come to find that they are way more exciting than you might think.
What you are good at
Working with cloud-based, service-oriented architectures, GitLab as a CI/CD systems, infrastructure as code, relational databases (MySQL), security tooling, docker, and AWS serverless (esp. API Gateway & Lambda)
You know not only how to build/maintain such systems but also design them in a way stay secure and reliable whatever may come (e.g. monitoring, security, disaster recovery)
You have at least 5+ years of professional experience working on actual productive systems that matter, not just greenfield projects.
You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
You care about clean code, maintainability, testability, and documentation because you have seen the results when someone doesn’t.
You are always interested in technology, but you are even more interested in creating amazing products.
You are passionate about creating solutions that “just always work”, have low operating costs and a high level of automation and standardisation
You know your strengths but always seek feedback to improve as well.
You feel being a software engineer is not only about coding, but also communication, reaching goals together, and caring about your teammates.
Join us in saying “Bye, Bye Bureaucracy” together!
Click & ConnectWe love hearing from you. Meet the recruiter looking after this job opening and connect in case you have any future questions.
Why Taxdoo?We know that with great power comes great responsibility. This is why we know what’s on you, what’s on us, and what we can do together.
Whether you are a self-starter or a team player, at Taxdoo we have your back. We work hard (but happily!) to create a place where your voice is heard and your ideas will come to life - no matter how big or small they may be.
Communication is key. As every vibrant startup grows, we also have obstacles to overcome. This is exactly why we put many efforts into constantly bettering our already great feedback culture by involving our management and ensuring they are there every step of the way.
By working with innovative technologies that support an outstanding product we came with full force to build the Financial Operating System for e-commerce. Taxdoo is the place for all those great minds who wish to make an impact with their work. Because we believe that what drives real change in the world is the people that make it.
More to LearnLove all that you read but want to learn more? Here are three articles we picked for you below.
- Oct 17, 2023
- Martin Vassilev
We are Taxdoo | Meet Carina Untiedt
It was March 2020; spring had sprung in Hamburg, the pandemic was about to hit Germany, and Carina had just started her new role as a Sales and Operations trainee at a growing taxtech company, Taxdoo. Fast forward three and half years; Carina has scaled the career ladder and is now a Senior Sales Associate. […]
- Sep 28, 2023
- AJ Cole
Migrating from AWS Lambda to AWS ECS: Benefits and Challenges
AWS Lambda is a powerful service that provides a hassle-free way to run our code in the cloud without needing to concern ourselves with the underlying infrastructure. At Taxdoo, we rely on Lambda for a vast array of services, as it streamlines our development process and ensures our focus remains on delivering innovative solutions. However, […]
- Jul 18, 2023
- Maria Canero
EI in Software Engineering | How to Improve Code Quality
Software engineering is all about coding. Right? Wrong. Well, just a little bit at least. Software engineering is way more than writing lines of code. Problem-solving, understanding complex business systems, specifying the scope of project implementation, defining contracts between clients and customers, coordination (for resource allocation, deployments, interlinked pieces of work), prioritizing, communication between colleagues […]